Where can I get life insurance advice?
The best way to make a decision on most things is to get advice from the experts. The same principle applies to life insurance in the UK. If you are planning to take out life cover then there are a few interesting approaches that you should take in order to make the right choice.
Read some blogs
You can find out a huge amount of information about the best life insurance options just by looking online at some financial blogs. These offer a good way of finding answers to your specific questions or of just getting a feel for the topic.
Naturally, some blogs are better than others in life insurance advice. If you choose a blog run by a professional life company then you can expect to get reliable and trustworthy advice on life and critical illness cover.
Don’t rely on information from blogs that don’t appear to be of good quality. You can also compare life insurance advice on a number of different blogs and sites to get the full picture.
Talk to friends and family
Most of us know at least a few people who have already arranged some form of life cover, even if not everyone who should be covered has taken out a policy yet. This can be a great help when you are trying to sort out your own policy and get a good life insurance advice, as they are sure to be able to answer some of your questions and clear up some doubts.
It goes without saying that you don’t want to just get advice from friends and family without speaking to experts as well. However, a good combination of the two things can give you a great starting point for understanding the subject a lot better. Over time you will shape your own impressions and create your personal advice on life and critical illness cover.
Why not get going by asking a few people about their experiences with choosing life cover and whether there is anything that they would have done better with the benefit of hindsight? You might be surprised to find out how interesting this subject is.
Check out reviews to get the best life insurance advice
There are lots of online life insurance comparison reviews that will help you to come to a good decision more easily. If you have the time to look through a few of these reviews then it will let you see some of the key points to take into account when looking for life insurance advice.
This means that you get to see more than just the price of the cover you are interested in getting. By finding out more about the world of life insurance this task can be done easily and perhaps even enjoyable.
In fact, by taking into account all of the above factors you can make a comprehensive life insurance comparison.
Some life insurance advice factors
There are many things to consider when choosing a life insurance, here are some of the things to think about when looking for advice
- Does the life insurance quote include a free gift such as ipad?
- What are your specific needs? Accidental cover, Endowment cover, Death or Cancer cover?
- Wherever you need a policy for yourself or whole family?
- What term are you looking for? Whole life? Term based?
There are many things to consider when seeking for life insurance advice. Some might be helpful and relavant, others more general, but clearly you need a good think before grabbing your free quote at Pure Cover.
Life insuranc; do's and dont's
- Check if the policy you’re taking out is flexible so you can make changes at a later date.
- Regularly review your life insurance policy and change it when major life events occur, e.g. the birth of a child.
- Ensure you are insured enough to cover your main debts and outgoings.
- Put your life insurance policy in trust (this will save a lot on inheritance tax).
- Buy life insurance while you’re young, as it’s cheaper.
- Shop around and learn abut your options before taking out a policy.
- Read the small print.
- Tell your life insurance provider if you’ve stopped smoking.
- Answer any questions asked by the insurance broker or in forms honestly and accurately.
- Keep a copy of anything you sign for your own records.
- Get a policy with a larger benefit than you actually need – you’ll be wasting money on premiums.
- Take out a policy you haven’t researched.
- Forget to factor in future costs, such as university fees etc.
- Automatically assume joint life insurance is your best choice if you’re in a couple, separate policies may be a better deal.
- Cancel any existing policies until your new life insurance policy has taken effect.
- Take out life insurance specifically for your child (some policies include cover as an option), they don’t have any dependants.
- Let anyone else fill in your life insurance form.
- Miss your premium payment due dates.
Life insurance tips and tricks
- After your insurance takes effect, you’ll have a period of time called a ‘free look’ period which will give you a certain number of days to let you change or cancel your policy if need be.
- When choosing a policy, it may be a good idea to ask about policy riders available to you. These riders are ways to customise your policy to fit your specific needs and budget.
- Expect to answer lots of questions about your medical history and lifestyle, the more questions asked, the more accurate your quote will be.
- Have any questions? Pick up the phone and call your provider.
- Don’t cut corners, do the maths accurately and you’ll be sure to get the right amount of coverage for you.
- To get the correct amount of coverage, ask yourself the following questions:
- What source of income am I replacing with this life insurance?
- Who do you want to protect financially?
- What does it take to protect the lifestyle of my beneficiaries?
- When you get a quote, take a screenshot and keep it in case your details are lost, or other mistakes happen. This will ensure you have proof of a certain offer.
- Make sure the cost of your premium is fixed each month before you take out the policy, so your provider can’t raise the costs the later.
Life insurance advice summary
You don’t need to be an expert or spend a lot of time on it to understand which life policy to choose. Some simple pieces of research will give you the information that you need very easily. Speak to experienced people and refer to professional blogs to receive the best life insurance advice, be it on; critical illness cover or Over 50's, you will find your perfect cover.
How can I get covered now?
This one's easy! Click here to get yourself a free life insurance quote and start shaping your own life insurance advice.
If you found this indication on life insurance advice helpful, done your research and got the best advice on critical illness or life insurance, don't wait, grab your free quote now!